Hydrate: To supply water to (a person, for example) in order to restore or maintain fluid balance. Drinking plenty of water is a great way to replenish skin cells, hydrate the skin and give a glowing appearance. Water keeps the skin cells hydrated and moisturized.
Our skin is the largest organ, and has several important functions, I’ll share only a few. Our skin helps to prevent water loss from the body, and regulates temperature. Helps to produce Vitamin D, helps to protect from sun damage by producing melanin. The epidermis is the outer layer of our skin, it continuously regenerates and sloth off (dead skin cells.)
The outer layer of the skin also has the function of minimizing TEWL Transepidermal water loss, protects the skin from water loss. So it is important to remind ourselves to stay hydrated.
Here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated, plump, glowing and looking its best.
- Drinking plenty of water is a must it will hydrate your skin.
- Finding a great toner that balances and moisturizes will help keep the skin balanced, hydrated and moisturized.
- Facial mist / Spritzers / Hydrosols will hydrate your skin and plump it. Facial mists are formulated to be hydrating and can be sprayed onto the face throughout the day to refresh and hydrate the skin.
- Serums are usually lightweight. A water based serum should be used first to hydrate and replenish the skin as well. They include high performance active ingredients designed to deliver the nutrients to the skin. Moisture boosting, repairing and rejuvenating, antioxidants and so many other skin benefits.
- Moisturize apply a facial moisturizer of your choice to lock in all moisture and nutrients you just added to the skin. It will help to keep the skin soft and supple, help to prevent dryness and increasing the skin’s hydration levels.
Having the right products that contain the right blend of ingredients can have a profoundly positive effect on the overall complexion, look, feel, health and vitality of the skin. But it all starts with knowing what those factors are. Our aim is to feed and nurture the skin effectively while at the same time, using organic oils, vitamins, nutrients, botanical ingredients and artisan methods that create high-quality performance formulations.
As a skincare formulator, that is surely the number one aim: to create products that treat specific skin types, solve particular skin issues, and that promote radiant, glowing, and healthy skin.